School Cleaning Services
A school is a place where parents send their children with the hope and intention of seeing their children master subjects and learn proper etiquette. This is why, schools in Singapore focus on ensuring that they employ professional school cleaning services. It is the responsibility of the management to find the best cleaning services and ensure that the school meets international hygiene standards.
Last July 2014, the launch of the “Keep Singapore Clean” program served as a turning point, where many students began to take special interest in keeping their school premises clean. Students of Pre-school, Kindergarten, Primary School, Secondary School and Junior Colleges were all involved in keeping their schools clean. Interestingly, to encourage the entire Singaporean community to help keep schools clean, the Education Minister joined secondary school students at Woodgrove Secondary School to scrub the boys’ toilet.
Impressing parents involves a lot more than just meeting the staff and knowing they are professional and well qualified. The environment where the children would spend most hours of their day is a major concern all parents have. They need to see that the place has high standards in terms of cleanliness and that the student will remain safe and healthy.
School cleaning services must cover specific requirements that ensure a clean, hygienic, and aesthetically appealing environment for students and faculty alike. For instance, the service provider the school’s management hires should offer the following services:
- Thorough environmental sanitation services: The cleaner or janitor must have access to equipment to clean the school and make it pristine before students arrive.
- Garden management: The school cleaning service provider must have experienced workers who can maintain the school’s lawn and any other plants on the premises. This would mean picking out garbage and stray paper littering it.
- Repairs: If there is the need to repair any problems like drainage systems and broken pipes, the school cleaning service provider must have a discussion with the school’s management and take the necessary steps to rectify them.
- Remove sharp and harmful things: Damaged furniture, sharp corners could prove harmful for children at school. Schools should replace them or fix them up to ensure maximum safety.
- Lavatory management: The school’s management must ensure that the cleaning service keeps the toilets clean all the time.
- Cobwebs and dusting: School cleanliness must also include inspecting for and removing cobwebs all over the school buildings. Dusting all desks and chairs before students arrive each morning is also important.
When hiring school cleaning services, you would have to consider the pricing options. Different service providers have different fees. Some offer flexible packages where you can subscribe for only the services you need. Some have service packages that come with reasonable price offers for sets of services included in the packages.
The best way to go about hiring only the best school cleaning service for your school’s management would be to first meet the service providers and discuss your requirements in detail. Hire only those service providers who you are sure can meet your expectations, because unhygienic conditions would lead to poor health of your students and it could earn your school a bad reputation.
SGcleanXpert provides professional cleaning services to schools, churches and other commercial premises at affordable rates. Feel free to contact us for a free quote today!